WidePeepoHappy is one of the most popular emotes on Twitch. So, it got a lot of people thinking, where did this emote actually come from?
Well, it has got a really long history that might surprise you. Widepeepohappy isn’t an original emote but rather another variant of peepohappy which originated from the “Pepe the Frog” emote.
You all must have seen Pepe the Frog. The emote has tonnes of variants on various streaming platforms, especially on Twitch.
In this article, we will discuss the origin of the Widepeepohappy emote, what it really means and how you can download it for your channel.
The meaning is clear from the word. Peepohappy emote is used when the user is happy, and widepeepohappy is used when they are happier.
So, the emote is used to show extreme happiness in chats when something hilarious or positive is shared by someone.
Users often spam chats with this emote when showing extreme happiness with the streamer.
The emote is also used in memes, comments, and other platforms.
Although you won’t see this emote much in memes today, once it went viral on the internet.
Right now, the emote is mostly used by Twitch and Discord users.
Origin of Widepeepohappy
Matt Furie, a comic artist, created Pepe the Frog in 2005. Originally it wasn’t an emote but rather an amphibian character in the comic, but later it was adopted by 4chan.
In 2015, Pepe the Frog became a global emote and started earning popularity in chats and streams.
A couple of years later, the Monka emote was created and uploaded on BTTV and FFZ browser extensions.
Since then, both Peepo and Monka emotes have earned popularity globally and have been used in memes, chats, and other platforms.
Due to their popularity, various variants of these emotes were then created and shared. That’s where peepohappy and widepeepohappy came from.
On August 4, 2018, the widepeepohappy emote was uploaded on FFZ by user Black__tic_tac and since then it has achieved heights of popularity.
Even in 2024, this emote is widely used. According to streamscharts.com, the widepeepohappy emote has been used more than 46 million times till 2023. The number has grown even more now.
How to Use Widepeepohappy emote?
If you have already searched for this emote in your Twitch or Discord channel, then you know that it isn’t available by default.
You have to download specific extensions to get this emote.
Both BTTV and FrankfaceZ extensions can provide you with this emote.
If you don’t have widepeepohappy emote or any of its variants then you can download and add them to your channel by using this guide.
How to Use Widepeepohappy emote on Twitch?
To use the emote on Twitch, you will have to download an extension on your web browser.
You can download the extension directly from the official website of BTTV or FrankfaceZ.
To download the BTTV extension, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome and go to https://betterttv.com/.
- Click on the button “Download for Chrome”. It will be right in the middle of the screen.
- You will be redirected to Chrome Webstore to download BetterTTV Chrome Extension.Click on the “Add to Chrome” button. After this, a popup will be displayed then simply click on “Add extension”
- Then, a popup will be displayed and may ask you for additional permissions. Simply click on the “Upgrade Permissions” button.
- Once the extension is installed, go to your Twitch website.
- To Enable the BTTV extension, click on the Chat settings icon and then click on “BetterTTv Settings”.
- Then, scroll down to the emotes section and enable the “Emote Menu” option. Also make sure all of the 3 emotes (BetterTTV Emotes, BetterTTV Animated Emotes, and FrankerFaceZ Emotes) are checked under the emote section.
- Once you enable it, you will find the BTTV emotes right beside the Chat button in your chats.
- You can find the widepeepohappy emote by searching it. If it doesn’t appear, you can go to the BTTV website again and add it to your emotes.
- BTTV website has a search engine that allows you to search and add specific emotes. Simply click on the emote and then click on Add to Channel.
- You can also search for other variants of the emote and add them to your chat emotes list.
To download the FrankfaceZ extension, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.frankerfacez.com/ and download the extension for your web browser.
- You will have to select the web browser at bottom of the page and then click on the download button.
- A prompt will appear asking you to Add an Extension. Click on it to approve.
- Once the extension is added, go back to the website and log into your Twitch account.
- Connect FrankfaceZ with your Twitch account.
- After you have connected to the Twitch account, you can go to the emotes section and add a widepeepohappy emote to your list.
- Once the emote is added to your channel, you will be able to use it.
However, you must remember one thing; if you want your viewers to use this emote, they will have to download the extension as well and go through the same process.
There is a simpler method to get this emote. If someone sends it in chat, you can directly save it from there. So, once you get these emotes, you can send them in chat and your viewers can save them.
How to Use Widepeepohappy emote on Discord?
If you want to get the emote on Discord, the steps are a bit different. As you cannot download an extension on Discord, you will have to manually connect the emotes from the website.
So, go to the BetterTTV website in your web browser and follow these steps:
- Click on Dashboard in the top menu bar on the website.
- Click on Connections in the sidebar on the left.
- Click on the option “Connect to Discord”.
- A prompt will appear asking you to log into your Discord account.
- After you have logged in, you can choose the server you want to add the emotes too.
- You might be asked to enter CAPTCHA to prove that you are not a robot.
- Once you are done, you can Sync the Discord Server.
All done, now you can use all the added emotes on your Discord server. You can also save the emote directly if someone has sent it to you on Discord.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some Final Words
WidePeepoHappy is one of the most popular emotes on the internet. You can get this emote by downloading the BTTV or FrankfaceZ extension.
The emote has multiple variants that are widely used like widepeeposad, widepeepobusy, widepeepohappyM, etc.
Let us know in the comments which of these emotes is your favorite.