How to Delete Clips on Twitch in 2022? – PC & Mobile
You might think deleting clips on Twitch is not a difficult task, but when you go looking for the option to delete clips, you might not be able to locate it easily.
Hence, if you are also wondering how to delete clips on Twitch, then you have come to just the right place.
In this post, we will discuss in detail how you can delete clips created by you and clips created from your stream on Twitch.
Yes, there are two types of clips on Twitch and you can delete both of them. However, the process to delete them is a bit different.
Also, deleting the clips from the PC is different from deleting the clips from Twitch mobile app.
So, we will be discussing each of these methods separately.
Let’s start with the simplest one.
How to Delete Twitch Clips on PC?
The easiest way to delete clips on Twitch is from a PC. Regardless of whether you want to delete clips created by you, created by your followers, or delete them in bulk, using a PC makes it much easier.
Just follow this step-by-step guide to delete the unwanted clips.
- Log into your Twitch account in your preferred browser.
- Click on the Profile icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
- A menu bar will appear on the right side. Click on Creator Dashboard.
- From the left side options, click on Content.
- The Content section will expand and you will be able to see several options in the drop-down, and click on Clips
From here onwards, the process is a bit different for deleting the clips that you have created and the clips that have been created by your followers.
Clips You Have Created
- After clicking the “Clips” option, all the clips you have created in your channel will appear in front of you under the “Clips I’ve Created” tab.
- To locate the clip you want to delete, you can use several options. You can sort the clips based on their name, category, or time period they were uploaded on.
- You can also search for specific clips using keywords in the provided search bar.
- Once you have located the clip, click on it.
- You will see the Trash icon in the top left corner.
- Click on the Trash icon to delete the clip.
Clips Created by Your Followers
For deleting the clips created from your stream or by your followers:
- Click on the first tab, “Clips of my Channel”.
- Similar to the above steps, you can use certain filters or sorting tools to locate the specific video that you want to delete.
- You can also search for the clip if you know the title or keyword.
- Once you have located the clip, click on it to open its details.
- Move your cursor to the Trash icon located in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on the Trash icon to delete the clip.
Delete Multiple Twitch Clips
If you want to delete multiple Twitch clips, then the steps are a bit different.
First, get to the clips section using the steps mentioned above. Then:
- Go to the section you want to delete multiple clips from. There are two sections, “Clips of my Channel” and “Clips I’ve Created”.
- You cannot select clips from both of these sections simultaneously.
- Locate the clips you want to delete and click on the checkboxes behind them. The clips will be selected.
- Once you have selected all the clips you want to delete, click on the option Delete Selected which will appear at the top.
By clicking this option, you will delete all the selected clips.
If you want to delete all the clips, you can simply click on the checkbox located on the top left side of the clips list. It will select all the Twitch clips in that section and then you can delete them.
How to Delete Twitch Clips on Mobile in 2022?
Deleting Twitch clips on PC is a comparatively easy task. Unfortunately, if you want to delete clips from your mobile phone, then things are not that simple.
In short, there is no option to delete Twitch clips from mobile directly. So, you will have to open Twitch in desktop mode on mobile in order to delete the clips.
There are two ways to do that. You can either open Twitch in desktop mode on your Twitch mobile app, or you can open it using a web browser like Google Chrome on your mobile.
So, let’s take a look at both of these methods.
How to delete clips on Twitch mobile app?
Here is a step-by-step guide to deleting Twitch clips using the mobile app:
- Log into your Twitch account in the Twitch mobile application.
- Tap on the Profile icon located in the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on “Account Settings” from the menu.
- Tap on the “Terms of Service” option.
- Tap on the Human-like icon located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Browse.
- Twitch will open in desktop mode.
- Log into your account.
- Tap on the profile icon located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Creator Dashboard.
- Tap on the arrow icon on the left to display the menu.
- Tap on Content.
- Tap on Clips from the drop-down menu.
You have reached the clips section. You can follow the similar steps you used to delete the clips from your PC.
How to delete clips on Twitch using a mobile browser?
You can also open Twitch in desktop mode using a mobile browser. Opening it in a mobile browser is a bit easier and you will be able to use it just like a PC.
Go to the Twitch website and follow these steps:
- When you open Twitch in a mobile browser, it will open in mobile mode.
- Tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner (in the case of Google Chrome) or the available options in your browser.
- Tap on Desktop Mode from the drop-down menu.
- Log into your Twitch account.
- From here onwards, the steps are pretty much similar to the PC steps.
- You have to tap on the Profile icon in the top right corner, and go to Creator Dashboad>Content>Clips.
- From here you can select the clips you want to delete.
How to Delete Twitch clips as a Mod?
If you want to delete Twitch clips as a moderator on someone’s channel, you will need to ask the streamer to get Editor’s Access or Permission.
You cannot delete clips from someone else’s channel if you don’t have permission from the creator.
Twitch streamers who have a large following often select some of their fans as moderators to manage their accounts. Hence, if you are acting as a mod, you can also ask for permission to manage clips.
Why do You Need to Delete Twitch clips?
There are two types of clips on Twitch, and deleting either of them can be because for a number of reasons.
When it comes to your own clips on Twitch, you might want to delete them because they are outdated, or did not attract many viewers. You might have created a clip a long time ago and you do not like it anymore.
However, when it comes to clips created by others, there are chances someone created and uploaded a bad or offensive clip on your channel. Hence, if you don’t like the clip, you can easily delete it using the steps mentioned above.
You can also prohibit people from creating clips on your channel. You can take away the permission permanently, or give it to specific users.
You can give permission to create clips to subscribers only, or to specific users who have been following you for a long time.
Remember that deleting clips on Twitch is permanent. So, if you delete the clips, you will not be able to recover them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some Last Words
You must be aware of how to delete clips on Twitch to delete the unwanted older clips and also offensive clips created by random followers.
If you are busy and can’t make time to manage clips, you can give the Editor access to one of your moderators and they will do the job for you.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. We will be back with more Twitch guides soon. Stay Tuned!